- 1) The URL address of official journal web site is http://journal.korfin.org/
- 2) ‘Aims & Scope’ statement
- The Asian Review of Financial Research (ARFR) aims to be the most widely cited academic journal devoted to the study of knowledge about financial economics in the Asia-Pacific region. The journal welcomes both theoretical and empirical research, and in particular, theoretical papers that yield novel testable implications and empirical papers that are theoretically well motivated. The scope of ARFR includes the followings:
Capital and Security Markets
Quantitative methods of particular relevance to financial researchers
- 3) Readership
- It is primarily for researchers who have interests in financial markets and financial theory, especially in Asia-Pacific region, including professors, research fellows, practitioners, policy-makers, and students.
- 4) Authorship criteria
- Each author should have participated sufficiently in the work to take public responsibility for the content. Authorship credit should be based on i) substantial contributions to conception and design, execution, acquisition of data, and/or analysis and interpretation of data; ii)) drafting the article or revising it critically for important intellectual content; iii) final approval of the version to be published; and iv) agreement to be accountable for all aspects of the work in ensuring that questions related to the accuracy or integrity of any part of the work are appropriately investigated and resolved. Every author should meet all of these four conditions. After the initial submission of a manuscript, any changes whatsoever in authorship (adding author(s), deleting author(s), or re-arranging the order of authors) must be explained by a letter to the edition from the authors concerned. This letter must be signed by all authors of the paper. Copyright assignment must also be completed by every author.
Corresponding author and first author: Asian Review of Financial Research (ARFR) does not allow multiple corresponding authors for one article. Only one author should correspond with the editorial office and readers for one article. ARFR does not accept notice of equal contribution for the first author when the study was clearly performed by co-first authors.
Correction of authorship after publication: ARFR does not correct authorship after publication unless a mistake has been made by the editorial staff. Authorship may be changed before publication but after submission when an authorship correction is requested by all of the authors involved with the manuscript.
- 5) Duplication submission and redundant publication
The work described in the manuscript to be submitted in the journal must not already have been published in a book or another academic journal. Nor shall it be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- 6) pISSN: 1229-0351, eISSN: 2713-6531
2. Name of Journal
The official journal title is Asian Review of Financial Research. Abbreviated title is ARFR.
3. Peer Review Process
The Asian Review of Financial Research has an online submission and double blind peer review system at http://submission.korfin.org/
. All papers, including those invited by the Editor, are subject to peer review. The review process is as follows:
i) The editor first screens the submission to assess whether the manuscript complies with the policy of Asian Review of Financial Research.
ii) All submissions are subject to double blind reviews by two referees with relevant expertise: the referees do not know the identity of the authors, and vice versa.The editor selects an associate editor and two referees are nominated by the associate editor.
iii) Based on the referee reports by the two referees, the associated editor should make an editorial decision and recommend the decision to the editor. The editor should make a final editorial decision based on the referee reports and the associate editor’s recommendation.
iv) The normal review process takes eight weeks from the submission of a manuscript till the notification of an editorial decision with review reports.
v) If the review result is “revise and resubmission” then the author should send the revised work back to the associate editor within 3 months. If necessary, the author can be extended the revise period up to one year.
vi) When the paper accepted for publication, the journal manager sends the author the final guide mail with Copyright Transfer Agreement before publication. The author should return back the final paper with Copyright Transfer Agreement to journal manager. An acceptance confirmation letter of publication will be issued upon request.
vii) The editor has the right to desk-reject the paper if the paper does not fit the journal.
4. Ownership and Management
i) The journal is owned by the publisher, the Korean Finance Association ( http://www.korfin.org/
ii) The management team of the journal is as follows
Journal Management Team (2020-2021)
Journal Administrative Manager: Jihyun Kim
Editor: Kyojik "Roy" Song, Sungkyunkwan University
Managing Editor: Shu-Feng Wang, Ajou University
5. Governing Body
The governing body is the journal’s editorial board.
6. Editorial Team and Contract Information
i) Editorial team is available from Editorial Board page at the front part of the journal homepage (http://journal.korfin.org/sub/sub0102.html
ii) The contact information for the editorial office is as follows:
• Website: journal.korfin.org
• Administrative Manager: Jihyun Kim
• Tel: 82-2-2003-9921
• Fax: 82-2-2003-9979
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Address: (07327) 67-8, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul, Korea, 12th Floor
7. Copyright and Licensing
Copyright of all published materials are owned by the Korean Finance Association. Permission must be obtained from the Korean Finance Association for any commercial use of materials. Every author publishing in the journal should sign the copyright transfer agreement forms. ARFR is an open-access journal distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial License ( http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/
), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited for non-commercial purpose. To use the tables or figures of ARFR in other journals, books or media for scholarly, educational purposes, the process of permission request to the publisher of ARFR is not necessary. All contents of the journal are available immediately upon publication without embargo period.
8. Author Fees
No submission and publication fees are required for all submissions.
9. Process for identification of and dealing with allegations of research misconduct
The editorial board of ARFR have carefully examined all submitted manuscripts whether these are abided by the ethical guidelines of the COPE. The published articles have involved the statements of conflict of interest, institutional review board, and informed consent.
When the journal faces suspected cases of research and publication misconduct such as redundant(duplicate) publication, plagiarism, fraudulent or fabricated data, changes in authorship, an undisclosed conflict of interest, ethical problems with a submitted manuscript, a reviewer who has appropriated an author’s idea or data, complaints against editors, and so on, the resolution process will follow the flowchart provided by the Committee on Publication Ethics ( http://publicationethics.org/resources/flowcharts
). The discussion and decision on the suspected cases are carried out by the Editorial Board of the ARFR.
10. Publication Ethics
ARFR follows the Guideline on Good Publication of COPE (https://publicationethics.org
). Our publication ethics are displayed on the Research Ethics Tab (http://journal.korfin.org/sub/sub0401.html
) of journal homepage.
11. Publishing Schedule
The Asian Review of Financial Research is published quarterly in February, May, August, and November.
ARFR is an open-access journal. A free full-text service in PDF formant is available immediately upon publication without embargo period.
Full text of ARFR has been archived in National Library of Korea ( http://www.nl.go.kr
). Authors can archive publisher’s version/PDF. ARFR provides the electronic backup and preservation of access to the journal content in the event the journal is no longer published by archiving in National Library of Korea.
14. Revenues Sources
Revenue sources of journal were from the support of publisher (Korean Finance Association) and Korea Investment Management Co., Ltd.
ARFR accepts advertisements. The policy of advertising is displayed on the advertising policy Tab of journal homepage. (http://journal.korfin.org/sub/sub0111.html
16. Direct Marketing
Journal propagation has been done through the journal web site and distribution of an introduction pamphlet. Invitations to submit a manuscript are usually focused on the presenters at conferences, seminars, or workshops if the topic is related to the journal’s aim and scope.